Saturday, March 22, 2014

Winner

The most expensive part of starting Stamplified Life was purchasing the tools. I initially bought a starter set when I was going to try my hand at this trade. Once I realized I could do it and was good at it, then I started wanting more and more tools. 

One of the wholesale companies I have been doing business with is Halstead Bead in Prescott, Arizona. They are family owned and operated and are a pleasure to work with. Halstead Bead has a blog and they offer grants and giveaways. I have never entered a giveaway, but I did this month. They simply wanted to know what my "go to" tool is, you know the tool you can't live without. This was simple for me, boring yes, but simple. It's my bench block:


This is a block that is steel and is what I stamp all my blanks on. I replied that it is the tool I can't live without because when your business is all about hand stamping jewelry, it would be impossible to stamp anything without this.

Well guess what...I was selected as one of the 3 winners. 

This is what I won:


This is a dapping set and block. This will allow me to take round/circle blanks and make them either concave or convex. This is where all those blanks I damaged with mistakes early on will come in handy so that I can perfect this craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment